About Me

My photo
a blog, chalk-full of witty observations and aspiring side-notes, collected off the side of a cognitive highway of a twenty year old artist. good evening, ladies and gentlemen. my name is elise hanson.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

me and you (what a feeling).



These are some test strips from my first photography assignment. It was pretty much left open to whatever we wanted to photograph, just so long we tried out some different lighting scenes and  adjusted accordingly to the aperture/shutter speed. While I didn't really plan on taking anything I really invested in, I really love these photographs I took of Matt. They ended up being really intimate and truthful (hopefully I'm not coming off as pretentious this early in the game..haha) It's cool..I was thinking about how this kind of 'truthful intimacy' is used pretty frequently in art, and the way people's art is really a testament to the way they really see their lover. I thought it'd be fun to play the Name Game quick..


Pablo Picasso and Dora Maar.




Egon Schiele & Valerie (Wally) Neuzil.





Francis Bacon & George Dyer (some of my favourite paintings- oh, yes, there are lovely multiples).




Gianlorenzo Bernini & Constanza Bonarelli.





 Salvador Dalí & Gala Dalí.




Édouard Manet & Suzanne Leenhoff.




Alfred Steiglitz & Georgia O'Keeffe.



No comments:

Post a Comment