About Me

My photo
a blog, chalk-full of witty observations and aspiring side-notes, collected off the side of a cognitive highway of a twenty year old artist. good evening, ladies and gentlemen. my name is elise hanson.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

mother, remember the blink of an eye when I breathed through your body?



Seriously, Gian Lorenzo Bernini must be one of my all time favourite sculptors. Eehhh..Ectasy of Saint Teresa has me on pins and needles every time I look at it. It's so overwelming gorgeous and emotional. Above is an excerpt from one of his sculptures. And this is made of marble. As in cold, solid rock marble. And somehow he managed to capture the sensuality and aestical feel/look of skin. mmm. in many ways, I think he was overlooked by Michelangelo, and I don't know if that's the correct order of things..

Oh. and definitely watch this..>< (Sorry it's so small..)
Simon Schama= <3



No comments:

Post a Comment